Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Tragic Flaw

Everyone can own up to one of these because everyone unfortunately has one. No, these are not always a bad thing. They shape and form us into the people we are today, and whoever the future hands to us. 

"Be yourself, because everyone else is already taken." I would have to say this is the best sentence to wrap up my tragic flaw. I have the inability to be different, but I don't think I am the only person with this. It comes off easier to always stand in the same spot, to never take a  leap of faith for a change and imagine the possible outcome. Because when we do imagine it, it's always a negative one. We're scared of standing out, and eventually we become so heavy minded that our feet feel almost stuck to the floor- prepared to duck instead of jump. 
As time passes we stay the same. It's not going to affect anyone but possibly yourself, only because the real you is hidden inside somewhere just wanting to burst out. The unhealthiness of this is high but we don't ever notice that. So go ahead and stick to the status quo, it doesn't ever seem that bad as flaws go on. 

But when we do jump out of our shell- when we do change, I don't think it will be an explosion of difference where people almost question who you are. But as you begin to accept yourself, mentally you will grow naturally to being that different person that you seem to notice more than anyone else. Not dramatically, but you soon become a leader. 

I hope to maintain working on this flaw, because it's only one of my many. And I know that in passing time this will be me. This will always be who i am, and I'll never want to be anyone else ever again.


No comments: